TikTok is one of the largest and most important social networks on the entire Internet, it has achieved this thanks to its great popularity, but also to its enormous power to viralize content. Something that makes the platform much more striking, but without losing its characteristic essence, is the possibility of make live on TikTok.
Among the sections that TikTok has, we have the “Live” section, a section in which you can do direct on TikTok (more or less as it happens with direct on Instagram) to be able to talk and interact with your followers, although with some advantages if Compare yourself to your main competition.
Table of Contents
What is a "direct" or "live" of TikTok?
One of the "star" features of TikTok is its ability to do direct. These directs that we see in the social network of Chinese origin are very similar to those of Instagram, in both users can interact with their followers easily and quickly.
Although what many do not know is that this is a feature that is not obtained immediately, because it needs certain requirements to be enabled in the account of a creator or content creator.
Requirements to do a live on TikTok
If you have a TikTok account and want to make the most of it by going live on the platform, you should first know that you have to meet a series of requirements. Although many of these requirements are easy to achieve, it takes a bit of work to have it:
- The first requirement is to have an account on the social network that has a minimum of 1000 followers, if you do not have this number of followers it will be impossible to do direct on Tik Tok.
- The second and last condition is that you are over 16 years of age. Although the minimum age to use Tik Tok is 13 years old, you must be at least 16 to be able to record live, and 18 years old to be able to receive virtual gifts from your followers.
These are 2 simple requirements to meet, but essential to have, if you already meet both, you just have to start doing your Live on Tik Tok.
How to do a live on TikTok?
Making a direct on TikTok is something very easy to do, for this you will only have to follow the following steps:
- The first thing will be to access the TikTok app from your mobile device and go to the “+” symbol, the same symbol we use to upload content.
- Then you will look for the red record button and there you will see the usual options of 60s, 15s and MV, and right next to these options you will get the LIVE option.
- Here we will have to slide to the left to choose this last option.
- Before opening direct, you can give the recording a name or title, although this is always an option. Although we recommend doing it since with this you can capture the attention of more people.
- Now you just have to press the red button that says "Broadcast live", so it will start a countdown on the screen, when the counter reaches zero the transmission of what you are recording will begin live.
It is important to know that when starting with a direct, a text will appear on the screen that will notify you that you have to comply with the community rules and that inappropriate behavior can block your account.
Can you make money with TikTok live streams?
The short answer to this question is yes: it is possible to earn money with TikTok direct, although this is not an easy and immediate task. In order for you to ensure good earnings with TikTok direct, you must have a good community of followers behind you, who are willing to help you and collaborate with your growth as a content creator.
The way to earn money with the direct ones is mainly through donations in the form of gifts that the platform has, so that a tiktoker can earn money with their direct ones, they must do the following:
- First, the users who see you live must buy, with real money, coins on TikTok with which they can buy virtual gifts.
- When you are in full transmission, these users will be able to make said gifts, these after a personalized message and emoji appear, will be converted directly into diamonds that will appear in the content creator's account.
- The tiktoker will have to reach a minimum of 100 diamonds to be able to redeem them and receive real money in return. The weekly redemption limit will always be $1000. This money will be credited directly to the PayPal account associated with your TikTok account.
Although to start doing direct you need few requirements, it is generally not recommended to start with them immediately, it is best to seek to have a fixed and constant content in order to ensure real followers who are willing to make these donations.
Recommendations when doing a live on TikTok
As we mentioned earlier, although this is a good way to earn money on TikTok, a direct does not guarantee that money will be earned immediately, for this you will have to have determined a good base of followers, in addition to this we also recommend the following:
- always plan your ideas: Learn to improvise, or to develop on ideas already planned in advance, try to make an action plan for each show and make it adaptable to what may arise from your followers.
- Interact with your followers: Try to make a fluid direct where you can interact with your followers in order to create a bond with them.
- Put an eye-catching title: Use the titles to your advantage and place one that is eye-catching, but we recommend that you do not clickbait as it can be counterproductive. Another recommendation would also be to stay away from scandals and gossip.
- Analyze the time and days to go live: Use your own statistics to find out what is the day of the week and the most ideal time to go live.
The direct ones are more demanding than any other type of audiovisual content, following these tips it is likely that you can stand out more among the content creators.